Kourtney Kardashian and the Kardashians obsess over olive oil cakes
If you’ve been keeping up with the Kardashians on social media, chances are you might have found yourself developing a craving for olive oil cake!
In recent weeks, the Kardashians have been obsessing over olive oil cakes from Little House Confections across their Instagram accounts. It seems not a week goes by that someone from the family doesn’t post about the Little House Confections dessert which has become a favorite among the Kardashians.
Kourtney Kardashian, in particular, has become quite enamored by the tasty confection so much so that she partnered with Little House Confections via her lifestyle blog Poosh to create a special twist on the classic olive oil cake the family first started indulging in earlier this year.
Dubbed the Bomb Ass Poosh Cake, the Little House Confections creation puts a rosewater lemon flavor twist on the oil cake recipe while also aiming to give back in the process with a portion of all sales of the cake will be donated to UNICEF.
Bomb Ass Poosh Cake Price
Currently, Bomb Ass Poosh Cake is available in two sizes: the full-size Bomb Ass Poosh Cake which retails for $44 and the Poosh Mid-Size Luxury Cake which retails for $30
How to buy the Bomb Ass Poosh Cake
If you’re looking to try the new Bomb Ass Poosh Cake from Little House Confections, the good news is the cakes are available for order online through the bakery’s online shop.
Unfortunately, Little House Confections currently only ships to those located in and around the Los Angeles area; however, there is some good news. According to the site’s homepage, nationwide shipping is coming in July 2020.
Watch Keeping Up with the Kardashians and your favorite shows on fuboTV: Watch over 67 live sports and entertainment channels with a 7-day FREE trial!
Olive oil cake recipe: How to make your own confection from home
There is, of course, one additional option for those looking to try an olive oil cake to see if it lives up to the hype built up by the Kardashians: make one from scrath!
While perhaps not the same as trying the Little House Confections olive oil cake which the Kardashians have been enjoying in recent weeks, a homemade olive oil cake will surely hit the spot and give you the chance to see what the rave is about. Like most baked goods, there are a variety of recipes available online for home bakers to enjoy including gluten-free options.
If one is looking for a simple olive oil cake, Bake from Scratch happens to have an easy to follow recipe that is sure to hit the spot:
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray an 8-inch round cake pan with baking spray with flour; line bottom of pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat eggs and sugar at high speed for 30 seconds. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, beating until combined. Add milk, beating until combined. Reduce mixer speed to low. Beat in extracts.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture, beating until combined, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 33 minutes. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack. Brush with fresh olive oil just before serving. Store at room temperature wrapped loosely in foil or plastic wrap.
Have the Kardahsians piqued your interest in trying an olive oil cake? If you happen to try the above recipe, be sure to share your results in the comments below!