The British Royal Family are perhaps one of the most famous families in the world – behind the Kardashian’s, of course 😉 – and they are often the subject of tabloids and gossip sites around the globe. The Matriarch of the family Queen Elizabeth has been ruling Britain and the Commonwealth for over 69 years and in that time there hasn’t been a shortage of headlines about her and her famous family members, but have you been keeping up? How well do you really know the British Royal Family?
This royal quiz has five rounds of five questions, with each round getting more and more difficult! Answers to all the quiz questions can be found at the bottom of the post, so make sure you don’t scroll all the way down and ruin your fun before it’s already begun! Don’t forget to share how you did in the comments section at the end of the post, or drop us a comment on Twitter or Facebook.
Now. Get ready…
Round 1 – Royal Drama
Have you been keeping up to date with the recent royal drama? Prove your knowledge below!
- Before Harry and Meghan left the Royal Family and their duties, they used to step out with Kate Middleton and Prince William quite often, what was their given collective nickname?
- Which royal changed up the traditional royal vowels on their wedding day to “love, comfort, honour and keep” her husband, while purposely omitting the traditional words “obey”?
- In November 2019, Prince Andrew was stirring up trouble in the headlines, do you remember which restaurant was flooded with parody reviews on
TripAdvisor, after he claimed he’d been there 18 years prior? (Point for name and an extra for it’s location!)
- Who’s royal wedding had to be postponed due to the COVID pandemic?
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle revealed some shocking information about the Royal Family to who?
Round 2 – Royal Family
How well do you know the Royal Family members?
- How many great-grandkids does Queen Elizabeth II have in total?
- Out of Prince William, Kate Middleton, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry, who’s the oldest?
- Before the late Prince Philip married the Queen of England, of which country was he already a member of a European Royal Family?
- The Olympic silver medal has been won by which member of the Royal Family? (Point for name and an extra for the sport!)
- When and where was Lilibet Diana born?
Round 3 – Royal Throwbacks
Do you know your historical Royal Family facts? Prove it.
- What year did Queen Elizabeth II’s coronation take place?
- What first name did three of King Henry VIII wives share?
- In the British monarch who sat on the British throne longest?
- What was Diana’s job when she became engaged to Prince Charles?
- Where did Prince William and Kate Middleton meet?
Round 4 – Royal in Film (and TV)
- Which actress has played both Princess Margaret and the Queen Mother, in
separate performances (a movie and a TV series)? (Point for name and an extra for the title of TV show/Film)
- What’s the name of the drinking game played by the Royal Family in Season 4 of
- What is HBO’s adult cartoon series based on the Royal Family called?
- Lifetime is releasing a film about which royal couple soon? (Point for who and extra for title of project)
- In 1998, which TV series did Sarah Ferguson made an appearance in?
Round 5 – Royal Rules and Traditions
How well versed are you in royal rules and traditions? Let’s find out.
- What event is also known as the Queen’s Birthday March?
- Michelle Obama broke a rule of etiquette in 2009 when interacting with the
Queen. What faux pas did she make?
- Where do the Royal Family traditionally spend Christmas?
- The Queen is said to have created a breed of dog called a Dorgi. It’s a cross
between a corgi and which other breed?
- When do the Royal Family exchange Christmas gifts?
That concludes KardashianDish’s Royal Family Quiz, how did you get on? See all the Quiz answers on the next slide and don’t forget to let us know your score!